Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year and back home we go...

Happy New Year to everyone. This morning I have to start getting everything packed up and into the car so me and the kids can head home. We have been in North Carolina visiting family for the holidays because my husband is in Japan with work. The date has pretty much been set for when he will come home. They have told him to expect to come home on January 13Th 2007. So we are on the countdown now, less than two weeks now. The kids are getting really excited now that daddy will be home soon. I am ready for this deployment to be over and done with. It seems like it has taken forever. It has only been six months, which is really not a long time but my husband was not here for our third wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving our sons first birthday the beginning of December and he also missed Christmas. We did save all of the presents that we have bought for them ourselves and they will open them when my husband gets back. While up in North Carolina I have bulked up my stash more. Which I will say in defense of myself that all of what I have bought I already know what I am going to do with it. A couple of sweater for the kids, a scarf, hat and wrist warmer set for myself. I also have knit a couple of Booga Bag's but have not had the chance to felt them. I also bought some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in blue, green and purple. I am going to try to knit them on two circular needles. The trip to the yarn store brought about a $74 purchase. I only walked out with four things. Two 24" size 1 Addi turbos, the sock yarn and the book to teach me how to do it. This is all for now, I have to run off and see to my little ones.

No comments: